Junior Structural Technician (Engineer / Designer)
The Portland Hollowcore division is seeking a junior structural engineer/technician to grow with the team. Your role will be to design, draw, plan and assist the Hollowcore Manager (Senior Engineer) to oversee the correct manufacture and installation of hollow core slabs and other pre-cast structural elements.
You will have the ability to become a senior engineer/technician in this field, with the further opportunity to apply for professional registration.
BEng / BTech in Civil Engineering
Skills & Experience:
- Design slabs and structural elements for residential and commercial buildings
- Calculate loads and stresses
- Prepare designs and drawings
- Good problem-solving skills
- Reputable technical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Quotation and Costing of projects
- Conduct site inspections and liaise with site staff
- Attend client meetings
- Minimum 2 years’ experience
- Must have experience on Prokon and AutoCAD
Job Description Summary:
To design and reinforce hollow core concrete slabs and structural elements for residential and commercial buildings. To work with the various drafting, manufacturing and installation personnel, assist with quoting, preliminary and final designs and general design queries and discuss designs with clients. You need the ability to adapt and learn quickly in this fast-paced industry.
With your work ethic and sober habits, you will fit our team. You must be a RSA citizen with no criminal record. If you think you fit this profile, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate expected salary required. Only candidates who meet the requirements will be considered. Should you not hear back from our offices within 5 working days please do accept that your application was unsuccessful.