Portland Group is in need of a full time DEBTORS CLERK at our group of companies outside Durbanville. This candidate will report to the Financial Manager, but must be able to work independently. The responsibilities include, but is not limited to, the full debtors function – from credit applications, invoicing, statements up to collecting outstanding debt for all the Portland companies.
- Collecting payments daily (before delivery)
- Proforma invoicing
- Reconciliation of accounts
- Print weekly invoices and create invoices for extra services delivered
- Monthly statements recon and send
- Follow up on age analysis (debt collection)
- Handle Credit applications
- Control Credit limits via CGIC
- Dealing with customer related enquiries
- Incident reporting
- Good communication skills
- Grade 12
- High level of numeracy and literacy
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Own transport
Knowledge of Batchman will be an advantage
Work references must be available
Own transport is a requirement.
In return you will get a market related salary; become member of a provident fund; annual close down in December/January during builder’s holiday. Working hours are from 8:00 to 17:00 and until 15:00 on a Friday.
With your work ethic and sober habits, you will fit our team. You must be a South African citizen with no criminal record. If you think you fit this profile, please send me your CV to email@example.com Please indicate expected salary required. Only candidates who meet the requirements will be considered. Should you not hear back from our offices within 5 working days please do accept that your application was unsuccessful.