We are looking to expand our team.
Portland Group is looking to expand our team of qualified financial professionals. This person will be responsible for the following and report directly to the Financial Manager. The candidate will, however, be required to work independently.
- Sign off monthly creditors and age analysis
- Comparison of Quotes vs Delivered vs Invoiced
- Profit Analysis
- Client account negotiations with overdue accounts
- Apply and manage Bank guarantees/Construction guarantees
- Manage Debtors (new applications) and assisting with queries
- Debtors Reporting: Weekly and Monthly
- Invoicing of Debtors when needed
- BBBEE compliance in BBBEE entities
- VAT Reconciliation and checking if invoices are SARS compliant
- Assisting Financial Manager in preparation for audits
- Month end stock calculations
- Reporting on stock discrepancies
- Assisting with Stock Audits
- Knowledge of an Accounting program
- Degree in Accounting or similar
- Knowledge of SARS requirements
- Knowledge of BBBEE transactions will be an advantage
- Attention to detail – high level of numeracy
- Good communication skills
- Own transport
- Work references
Our office is situated 10km outside Durbanville at Portland Quarry on the Vissershok Road. Own transport is required. The hired candidate will receive a market related salary – which includes becoming member of a Provided fund. The company’s annual close down is during the builder’s holiday in December / January. Working hours from 08:00 – 17:00 and 08:00 – 15:00 on a Friday.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that contactable references are included as well as an expected salary bracket.